I raised six children. All that work? WHY?!
It is real. Maybe that is the only reason, I don’t know, but I do know raising children is good because it is real.
- It is the most awesome privilege. Nothing compares to molding a human being. What could be more significant than the forming of someone, of his being? The joy of knowing they know something because I taught it to them is higher than almost any joy. I think this joy must have caused God to create people in the first place, as it is highly motivating.
- I was made for it. Although God has kindly given me many talents, I know they are all for my family. Spending all my time and energy on them, and investing all my talent on them is a joy. Seeing them leave the house in crisply-ironed clothing makes me smile. Watching them eat makes me smile. Increasing their benefit makes me smile.
- They are my opus, the thing I did on this earth to make a difference.
- They are full of crazy, wonderful, loving zest for life. It is a joy to say, “These people are mine,” and to know it is true in every sense of the words.
- It returns. I see them love their children more beautifully than I could have imagined. I see them re-discover their love for me, too, and it gives me such peace as I never knew existed.
It saddens me that the world is so messed up that children could be living in horrific pain. I want all the mistreated children. I want them to be mine. I would watch them eat, teach them jokes, and then send them out in ironed clothes.
It would be my joy.
4 thoughts on “A Mother’s Cry”
Amen sister. I have nine blessings. Others think my husband and I are crazy but I know better. The fruit of the womb is God’s reward.
Thanks for commenting, Karen! Yes, children are a reward from God, but I’m not sure what we are being rewarded FOR! 😉
Exactly!!! Too funny. I do not FEEL I deserve them and sometimes they don’t deserve my inconsistencies in my life. They truly made me feel unworthy this MOM’S DAY.